Green + Gray for St. Patrick's Day...
These images are of my favorite rooms in the Coastal Living's 2009 Seawatch Idea House in Sunset Harbor, North Carolina.
Though these rooms may be a little too decorated for your taste, remember the purpose of these spaces are to assist you in generating ideas for your own home. The introduction of pure white in this space makes the palette feel light, airy, and fresh. Adding white to the color scheme was one of the best ways for the designer to create the "coastal look" using green and gray. I love this alternative color approach as opposed to the watery blues and tans traditionally used in coastal decor.
A elegant settee appears to be custom fitted for this little nook accented with pillows contain the same pattern as the drapery. In this one photo, there are three different patterns yet they all flow seamlessly-the painted stripes on the wall, the leaf motif in the pillows and drapery, and the fabric covering the klismos chair.
The sparkle of the mosaic backsplash, the metallic hardware, and the mirrored cabinets add elements of modern luxury to this soothing color palette.
In love with this sophisticated take on green and gray? Consider making it yours by choosing any color from the palette below.
What are your thoughts on this green and gray color combo? About mixing patterns? Click here for my previous post on mixing patterns if you need a little direction. Have a great day!
20 comments:
- Anonymous said...
-
okay so I am loving this. My living room and kitchen are both painted yellow and I was to thinking (once I contact you) to go with gray and another color. I love the first picture. I need to hurry and get my $$ together.
Angela Oliver -
March 17, 2010 at 1:16 PM
- Divamom-Act II said...
-
The color palette is quite nice. It's off the path to pair gray and green, but it works nicely-especially with the pop of mustard yellow.
-
March 17, 2010 at 1:34 PM
- Unknown said...
-
I LOVE the fabric the top curtain panels - those are so pretty!! Anything with gray is the perfect combo to me!
-
March 17, 2010 at 1:48 PM
- Destination Seaborn said...
-
Lovely pics! I'm not a big fan of this green but I always appreciate beautiful design. Now,
I'm heading over to Coastal Living's website to check out more of this idea house!
Lisa -
March 17, 2010 at 1:59 PM
- The Budget Brides Handbook said...
-
All I can say is yummy yummy yummy. I love the color palette and the last 3 pictures.
-
March 17, 2010 at 3:54 PM
- Dayka Robinson said...
-
love these photos--can't wait until my subscription arrives!
-
March 17, 2010 at 4:52 PM
- Jenna @ Mi Vida Bonita said...
-
What a fun palette and a beautiful home at that!
-
March 17, 2010 at 8:02 PM
- ashlina {the decorista} said...
-
im digging on the green grey and white.....nice!
-
March 17, 2010 at 8:56 PM
- L.Duncan@Home23DuncanBoys said...
-
Ahhh yes! I see what you were talking about. I must say, that room has a wite bed. Not white bed, nightstands, lamps, drapes,etc.... Like my room! Erika, why don't you just come over and see for yourself!
-
March 17, 2010 at 10:24 PM
- Debbie@Vintage Scout Interiors said...
-
This still seems so fresh! It's nice, as some of the other trendy color combos have grown old already to me.
-
March 17, 2010 at 11:23 PM
- Baking Momma said...
-
Wow Erica! This palette is amazing! My whole house is decorated in pieces in the green spectrum. I have been debating wether or not to get green chairs but you have inspired me to! Oh and you made my morning! I just saw your comments on my blog and I am truely honored Thank you so much!!! xoxo
-
March 18, 2010 at 7:46 AM
- Sally@DivineDistractions said...
-
This palette is one of my new favorite color schemes. It's so sophisticated yet fun and light-hearted. I don't usually like gray, but when you mix it with a splash of yellow, it has a whole new energy for me. Thanks for sharing.
-
March 18, 2010 at 9:39 AM
- DesignTies said...
-
Very nice twist on typical green rooms :-)
I love the idea of combining different patterns together in one room. It adds in interest and makes room feel more alive and energized.
Kelly -
March 18, 2010 at 3:53 PM
- Tonia Lee Smith said...
-
ooooohhhhhhh, I love it! I love it! I love it. It's not expected at all. More, please.
-
March 18, 2010 at 11:05 PM
- Angela said...
-
The top pic's curtain fabric is crib bedding fabric I bought for a nursery project. I love my fabric!
-
March 19, 2010 at 2:18 AM
- Dreams of Perfection said...
-
I swear I would'v enever thought of this color combo! Never! And yet it has such an energizing fresh look to it.
p.s. Love the interviews you have been doing. I've learned so much from them. -
March 19, 2010 at 2:24 AM
- Radostina // 79ideas.org said...
-
Love this palette. Thanks for sharing :)
Have a nice week!
xoxo,
Raru -
March 21, 2010 at 6:55 PM
- Tammy@InStitches said...
-
I really love gray and yellow but I never thought to pair yellow with green. I'm loving it !
-
March 22, 2010 at 8:13 PM
- Unknown said...
-
I am just crazy about your blog - it's gorgeous.. So happy I found you! I look forward to following! xo
-
March 26, 2010 at 10:02 PM
- Sylvia said...
-
Man, I wish I could get into the pea green color.. but it just makes me gag. I flash back to the 70's.. and think of my parents pea green appliances with station wagon to match.. I like the idea of it, but can't seem to jump on board! Great pictures..
-Sylvia
Antique Jewelry -
November 17, 2010 at 5:33 PM



