Quantcast

It's Babies and Kids Week!


"Children will not remember you for the material things you provided, but for the feeling that you cherished them."
-Richard L. Evans

I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend, I sure did. On Sunday, me and three ladies hosted a baby shower for our dear friend Mimi. During the shower, I thought about how lovely it will be for her baby girl to see how we celebrated her pending arrival and to know that she was loved and cherish well before she graced us with her presence.  Nothing gives me more joy than making a child feel loved.  

After the shower my thoughts shifted this time to my  twins who will celebrate their 3rd birthday next month.

 
With less than a month to go, I became a bit panicked given the fact I have nothing planned. Sometimes the most easygoing plans and projects are some of the best. Don't you think? 

Tomorrow, I have the most adorable post of a little girl's birthday party and budget friendly design tips from the professional events planner who is also her mother!


Have you planned a special event; baby shower, bar/bat mitzvah, birthday party, etc. on a budget? What are your best money saving tips when decorating for a kids' event?
Comments
11 Comments

11 comments:

ashlina {the decorista} said...

oh my goodness erika, could your twins be any cuter?????? love those pictures. you better post some pics of that party. im sure they will be uber cute...

xo

L.Duncan@Home23DuncanBoys said...

I can't think of anything right off. I'm pretty sure that whatever you decide to do, it will be great!

keely @ luxe + lillies said...

How precious are your little ones! I know that whatever you do will be totally to die for!

Unknown said...

Your twins are so darling! Those pics need to be blown up and turned into a canvas art...

I think my biggest tip is - don't go overboard and think about the details and most important the liitle ones have fun

Tonia Lee Smith said...

They are too cute! Looks like they had plenty of fun.

###### said...

We are having a party Saturday...for my godson at our house...not sure how it will work out due to the fact that my son has another tournment that i dont really want to miss...either way...the party is going down! wish me luck.

Jonesie said...

Hi I'm new to your blog and absolutely LOVE IT!!
I'm constantly thinking of new party ideas for my niece and nephews and now that my little man is here I'm sure I'll be going crazy w party ideas. For my niece's 4th birthday we did a Candyland theme and it was pretty last minute (we had 3 weeks) but it was great we laid the game out on the coffee table so the kids could get to it and play. We got matching balloons and table cloths (Party City is great for this!). On Martha Stewart's website she has a tutorial for pom poms which we hung in pinks, orange, and yellow. The men grilled hot dogs and burgers and we put together a candy bar, THIS WAS THE STAR OF THE SHOW! We got the jars from Walmart (I think 4 came out to $45-$50) and filled them with matching colored candies. Your twins are toooooo cute so I'm sending all the well wishes for the birthday, have fun!!!

Dayka Robinson said...

I can't help with the kids' parties (I have ideas, but no actual execution!), but I can say that they are cuties! There are so many good ideas around, and you're creative, so I'm sure you'll put something fabulous together!

Thanks for the comments about the nightstands and the blog!

Hamptontoes said...

Not sure how I just found your blog, but I'm glad I did! How timely for me to pay my first visit, as I just did a post today about my daugther's 4th birthday celebration. I totally agree with you about making a child feel special. I achieved my goal by spending about 20 minutes a day for the past month...making tissue paper flowers, sewing ribbons/flowers on tutu's, creating a birthday banner, etc. The key to keeping a party on a budget is doing a lot of the work oneself. I'll be back to visit your blog!

Kelly@ColorSizzle said...

So you have twins, too? They are adorable! It's been a while since my twins were little {I have identical twin boys who are 12 now} so I don't remember much about planning parties for young ones...other than make sure everything is disposable! Just enjoy them because they will grow up fast! :)

Becky said...

it's like the universe is trying to hit me over the head today! first, second and third - everyone and their mother asked me what i was going to do for my daughter's 3rd birthday next month. i drew a blank. seriously, it's been that busy around here. and now, i checked in on your blog and was scrolling down - and there it is - reminder number 4. so thanks, i'm off to design some cute cards and come up with a cute party at the last second...ie - one to two weeks (yes, i haven't looked at a calendar in weeks and have lost track of the time...)...okay, thanks for all the great posts, especially the baby shower. loved it. loved the balloon release...have a great week and love the hair cut...becky

Post a Comment

I ♥ your comments!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin