(ANOTHER) HOME OFFICE UPDATE
I've been contemplating this sofa by Nate Berkus sold on HSN for $499. My girl Tamara purchased the same sofa in pewter a few months ago. I emailed her to make sure she still loved it and she responded with a resounding yes (co-signed by Mrs. Duncan).
Before I hit the "purchase" button, I decided to check my local Craiglist ad and found this for only $120!
The seller informed me that I was third in line for the purchase, but I knew in my heart that it was mine!! When I called back the next day he told me it was still available. I immediately loaded up my kids (yes all three) and prayed the settee would fit in the back of my SUV...and it did! I unloaded this thing by myself... I'm sure Grace and Gabri (my neighbors) were laughing their a$$es off as I struggled to get it out of the cargo and onto my appliance dolly, to the front door, and into my office...
So what do you think? It's not the Nate Berkus sofa, but hey I can deal...
23 comments:
- Unknown said...
-
I love it!! What a great find, I've been looking for a settee for our third bedroom --- the one your found is perfect, I like the retro vibe and the feet --
-
March 30, 2010 at 12:25 PM
- Tonia Lee Smith said...
-
The find of the month!!!!!! and not to mention the price. You did good.
-
March 30, 2010 at 12:46 PM
- ashlina {the decorista} said...
-
beautiful beautiful beautiful! i would expect nothing less from you! :)
-
March 30, 2010 at 12:56 PM
- Sarah La Rose said...
-
That is a very handsome sofa! I love the masculine lines. LOVE! Great find.
-
March 30, 2010 at 1:14 PM
- Emily A. Clark said...
-
Oh my goodness! What a perfect find. Absolutely love it and it was such a steal.
-
March 30, 2010 at 1:42 PM
- Dreams of Perfection said...
-
I think you find a freakin GREAT deal! It's just as beautiful as the Nate Berkus one, just another variation w/ a way better price tag.
-
March 30, 2010 at 1:44 PM
- Wande- Ladyee Boutique said...
-
LOVE it dear! very cute too
-
March 30, 2010 at 1:50 PM
- L.Duncan@Home23DuncanBoys said...
-
Do I really need to comment?! LOVE...LOVE I tell you!
-
March 30, 2010 at 2:08 PM
- Anonymous said...
-
I LOVE it! And what a steal? Love your blog by the way as well.
~Rachel~ -
March 30, 2010 at 2:37 PM
- Tammy@InStitches said...
-
I just love a great deal and you got one !
-
March 30, 2010 at 3:41 PM
- Alluring Interiors said...
-
Totally awesome...What an amazing look...Love it!
-
March 30, 2010 at 3:54 PM
- Kerry said...
-
I think it looks absolutely fabulous. Why would you have done anything else! Nate who??? Joking!
-
March 30, 2010 at 4:19 PM
- Erica Cook said...
-
I like yours better Erika! And you won't tire of the colour. Sweet! xo Erica
-
March 30, 2010 at 4:32 PM
- keely @ luxe + lillies said...
-
what a find!!!!!!! that thing is awesome! I am totally loving the Nate Berkus one too, cerulean blue is one my very favorites!
-
March 30, 2010 at 5:13 PM
- Diamonds Pearls and Crazy in the world of Barbie Jones said...
-
I'm Screaming ERIKA!!! AHHHHHHHH!!! YOU DID THAT BABE!!!! I am SO jealous! I love the one in Tams office as well I've been searching for weeks.. No luck... But I can feel it boo! Its going to pop up soon!!!
kisses! -
March 30, 2010 at 6:21 PM
- Unknown said...
-
No wonder the face book friends were cheering! It looks so great! Great find.
-
March 30, 2010 at 9:02 PM
- Jen said...
-
Are you serious?? You are one lucky duck!! I've always liked CL but had no idea the fabulous stuff you can find on there! Love it, Love it, Love it!
-
March 30, 2010 at 9:10 PM
- ###### said...
-
AS ME AND MY GIRL SAY.....CHILE LOOK, AND BAAAAYBE LOOK...THAT SOFA/CHAIR IS THE BIZNESS...DAM WHAT A BUY
-
March 30, 2010 at 11:31 PM
- thebubbreport said...
-
It looks amazing. I'm so jealous. I"m scared of Craigslist in Atlanta lately because everyone keeps getting robbed!
-
March 30, 2010 at 11:36 PM
- Helen Young said...
-
Hi Erika
It was great to meet you last night! Had to pop on over here and see your craig'slist sofa - an your blog. Love them both!
Helen -
March 31, 2010 at 8:20 AM
- Redesign Diva said...
-
Girl you know all of the fashion nowadays is just repeats! and for sure you got the better deal. Yours was made when folks gave a damn about quality....
Lol at your story of getting it into you house. I also have a story of neighbors laughing at me as i tried to fit a chaise into my house...if you get bored and want a chuckle you can read it...
http://www.redesigndiva.com/search/label/Chaise%20redesign
I love CL....I have made tons of money on that sweet sweet site!! -
March 31, 2010 at 9:58 AM
- Destination Seaborn said...
-
What a great sofa! Sorry Nate...I like yours better Erika!
-
March 31, 2010 at 11:15 PM
- Quintel said...
-
i absolutely love the new addition! :)
-
April 3, 2010 at 10:49 AM



