ART WALL DISPLAY IN PROGRESS...
The look I'm going for is more of a library feel, something like this...
The two items hanging on the wall so far are my business license (required by Georgia law to display) and a picture drawn and framed by my late Grandmother. The other print I want to display is this one below I (and 50 other people) received as a gift from Eddie Ross.
I've been scouting shops for a preframed bulletin/message board and found two contenders: a $39.99 board from HomeGoods and a $399 board from Ballard Designs. The former option is too small, the latter is too expensive! While out today I stopped by a Goodwill and found the perfect board at the perfect price, $7.00!! It wasn't framed, but that's an easy fix. I'll be sure to post a DIY/How-To.
Last weekend I stopped into Savvy Snoot and found this picture (below) in the discount room. The frame needed a little glam so I bought this paint pen from Michaels to embellish it a bit.
Here's a closer look...
I'm not crazy about the autumn leaf print, but it'll be fine for now. I've secured two appointments this weekend, (yes!!) but I still hope to get a few personal projects completed and to share with you by next week...Chat soon!
18 comments:
- Tammy@InStitches said...
-
What a great wall. I'm sure you will fill it with treasures in no time ! So jealous of your chair print from Eddie..... it's so sweet.
-
April 1, 2010 at 6:09 PM
- ashlina {the decorista} said...
-
oooh. loving that little gold touch pretty girl! so clever! and that print from eddie. lovely! you lucky girl you! xoxo
-
April 1, 2010 at 6:17 PM
- ###### said...
-
ok..i like the use of the marker...
-
April 1, 2010 at 6:27 PM
- Unknown said...
-
I know your office is going to turn out so pretty! Looking forward to seeing your art wall come together :)
-
April 1, 2010 at 6:51 PM
- MFAMB said...
-
that is an amazingly awesome diy proj.
-
April 1, 2010 at 8:00 PM
- L.Duncan@Home23DuncanBoys said...
-
Great post! I can't wait to watch this prject come together. I need to learn how to do a display wall! so please do a step by step tutorial!
-
April 1, 2010 at 8:03 PM
- Kirsten Krason said...
-
What a great idea! It looks amazing.
-
April 1, 2010 at 9:06 PM
- Kerry said...
-
I love what you did with the frame..a perfect and simple idea. Gallery walls are the best...can't wait to see what you include in yours.
-
April 1, 2010 at 9:51 PM
- Dumbwit Tellher said...
-
Your art wall inspiration is one of my favorites. With it's navy glossy walls the art just pops out at you. You provide us with such useful, clever tips. Thank you!
Happy Easter to you ~ -
April 1, 2010 at 9:59 PM
- Anonymous said...
-
LOVE IT!!!!!!
xo
Eddie -
April 1, 2010 at 10:58 PM
- Jenna @ Mi Vida Bonita said...
-
I can't wait to see how your art wall progresses! LOOOVe it.
-
April 1, 2010 at 11:37 PM
- Anonymous said...
-
You're unforgettable! ("Erika Ward" right over the shoulder). Come see us at SCAD Style in Atlanta on the 29th!!!
xo
Jaithan -
April 1, 2010 at 11:52 PM
- Anonymous said...
-
Thank for sharing good and useful information. This information is very valuable.
regards.
http://www.collect-art.com/Henderson-Cisz_work -
April 2, 2010 at 5:15 AM
- design4home said...
-
nice post to read and see , if you reader are interested in home products ,let them shop here.
Thanks
Cheap Lamp Seller
-
April 2, 2010 at 8:13 AM
- Destination Seaborn said...
-
I love how that small touch brought out the detail in those photo frames. Very nice!
My mom and I are working on a display wall for her new apt. I'll be anxious to see how you put it all together. Have a great weekend!
Lisa -
April 2, 2010 at 1:08 PM
- Maria Killam said...
-
Erika,
Are they two apts from your blog? They should be you are very talented!
I love that inspiration wall too!
x
maria -
April 2, 2010 at 9:29 PM
- Erika Ward said...
-
yes, they are Maria! thanks for the encouragement!
-
April 2, 2010 at 9:36 PM
- Dreams of Perfection said...
-
What a great touch!! It really added that "something" to it.
-
April 6, 2010 at 3:57 PM



