Quantcast

Spring 2010 - Purple Rain + Fresh Botanicals


The color purple is associated with royalty and nobility and might I add romance and femininity.  This spring's collection featuring purple ripped the catwalk in a big way.
garments l-r: Matthew Williamson, Andrew Gn, Oscar de la Renta

Purple has an ethereal quality that simply relaxes the atmosphere and puts you into a sensual mood.  How sexy would you feel wearing this dress?
garment: Matthew Williamson, room: Drake Design Associates

Rethink purple both in fashion and decor by pairing it with colors like Pantone's Aurora (mustard) and Dried Herb (olive green) as shown below.  The results are pleasantly surprisingly chic and sophisticated.
garment: Milly, room: Frank Roop

Or try purple with a twist of lime...How carefree and flirty is this tie-dye bikini. And this dressing table framed by billowy, grape hued curtains.

Single ladies, take the opportunity to decorate with purple before you walk down the aisle.  A bedroom like this is only a dream for me (vetoed the hubby), the closet on the other hand may be closer to reality.

Glam up your ladylike lounge and sitting room with shades of eggplant, lavender, and lilac...and with decor elements such as lucite, fur, and metallics.

 
You always know that spring has sprung when you see fresh flowers in the home and floral prints in spring collections.
garment: Tory Burch, room: Drake Design Associates

Botanical prints resurface in the form of wall decor and pillows as seen below.  Horchow has a beautiful series of glass decoupage trays by John Derian that would complement any space including the adjacent bedroom. The occupant could switch the wall decor with these (from Horchow) for a more "coastal" look.
 decor: Horchow, interior: Amanda Nisbet Design 

The pillow below, designed by Thomas Paul, would be great accent pillows for the above bedroom or just simply tossed on a sofa.
 Lastly, think on the perimeter of the box and consider wallcoverings in purple.  A little goes a long way!  These floral prints by Graham and Brown add a pop of color, interest, and dimension to a space.

Is purple in your decorating plan for next season? Are you looking forward to lush florals and fresh greens to grace your tabletops this Spring?
Comments
22 Comments

22 comments:

Haven and Home said...

I will take every one of those first 3 dresses and that closet pleassssseeeee!

Danica said...

Mmm, so much purple. I LOVE purple, thanks for this post, it's simply beautiful!

Unknown said...

What a beautiful post, love these colours!!

Love that Matthew Williamson dress, both of them actually! And the purple with lime is GORGEOUS!! The furniture you have featured is so stylish.

And that closet.....wow!!!!!

My Agent Angela said...

I love it. Purple is my fave color and thanks to you I enjoy it everyday in my bedroom and bathroom!

House of Brooke said...

LUVZ that lavendar! So serene. I wish I had more space to have a "soft spot" to hide in. That closet is a BEAST! If I had atleas half of that room. I would be one happy camper.
The wall decor from Horchow is d'bizness.....

###### said...

the color combos are nice.

dee dee said...

In my last house we painted our master bedroom a beautiful shade of lilac (Kilimanjaro from Ralph Lauren.) We accented it with whites and blacks!
Dee Dee

Janell @ House of Fifty said...

I am so happy to have found your blog, what inspiration! Janell

THE FABULOUS WIFE said...

THIS IS FABULOUS!

Dayka Robinson said...

Love the dresses. Thought about using lavender in my bedroom, but I always change my mind, so we'll see . . .

Tonia Lee Smith said...

I need that headboard, the closet just for my shoes, and the botanical print platters are simply beautiful. Makes me want to break out my decoupage kit. Just lovely.

The Frugal Hostess said...

I'm loving the fashion/decor color stories lately - gorgeous, well-curated, and very inspiring! I want that closet and everything in it!

Destination Seaborn said...

Wow, I love that olive,mustard and purple room! Whoever would have thought those colors would work together! Great post! Lisa

keely @ luxe + lillies said...

Earlier today I was drooling over this beautiful purple dress from fashion week! These rooms and colors are gorgeous, that office is a well done alice and wonderlandy take on a room... fun fun fun!

Divamom-Act II said...

The fashion is flirty and fun. You really have me drooling for spring. The interiors are definately for a vision board. Great color/trend series.

cynthia at the daily basics said...

Good purple choices - so soothing but with zing.
LOVE it - Love the purple, mustard and olive combo - who would have thunk?

Deanna Jackson said...

The closet picture is insane! I'm picking my mouth up off the floor.

DesignTies said...

Purple is my favourite colour and Jamie Drake is one of my favourite designers :-) His use of colour is amazing, and he's designed some fabulous purple rooms :-)

Our guest bedroom and bathroom are purple, our dining room will soon be purple, and purple is an accent colour in a couple of other rooms. See, told you I love purple!!

I think purple goes great with lots of colours -- brown, grey, blue, green, yellow, orange, pink, red.... and it can be light and airy or dark and dramatic.

Kelly

Redesign Diva said...

Loving the Chaise, but the Graham and Brown room takes the prize I love the purple and yellows!!!

Anonymous said...

Love the purple dresses.. very femine and pretty with a bit of bold.

Erika

Esquire08 said...

I love purple... Actually my bedroom is painted a deep purple and I have a lavender accent wall.... I love it... but I realize when I get married it is going to be over..... :-)

Couture Carrie said...

I need that purple chair in the last pic!

xoxox,
CC

Post a Comment

I ♥ your comments!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin