Quantcast

MASTER BEDROOM MAKEOVER


A Master Bedroom receives a extreme makeover courtesy of Erika Ward Interiors.

My client has lived in this house for 6 years and has a home full of beautiful, well-made furniture. She had made significant progress in decorating the main level of the home, but very little progress in her Master Bedroom. Her only purchase so far was an elegantly upholstered bed with nail head trim (as shown below) and she requested that it be included in her design plan.



I approached this project with the intention of creating a restful retreat my client could come home to after a demanding day on the job.

In the initial consultation, the client mentioned that she would be looking to move within the next year. With that in mind, I installed crown moulding in the bedroom (great for resale) and carefully chose accessories that would give the greatest impact.

THE FURNITURE
The initial plan was to have a mix of furnishings, but my client preferred to have furniture from the same collection. I presented the Metropolitan Collection/Brownstone Furniture sold through Erika Ward Interiors and she was smitten! Each piece is made from solid plantation grown mahogany, wears and espresso finish with antique gold crackled trim, and has solid brass hardware.

My client and I are very pleased with the outcome of this design and the improvements made for resale. What other improvements can you make to a bedroom that will attract future buyers?

Are you looking to greatly improve the look and feel of your home? Need quality home furnishings that outlast current trends? Contact me to schedule an online or in-home design consultation.



Comments
25 Comments

25 comments:

Sally@DivineDistractions said...

Great transformation, Erika! The mirrors make a great statement, and I love the sleek, transitional look to the room. I'll bet these clients are singing your praises!

Diamonds Pearls and Crazy in the world of Barbie Jones said...

its beautiful! u did wonderful

TSL said...

I love the combination of these beautiful colors, and the bed looks so inviting.

L.Duncan@Home23DuncanBoys said...

This is really nice Erika! I love the mirrors above the bed and furniture is traditional, but clean lined (just my style)!

And I want one of those orchards! Where can I find them?!

Janell @ House of Fifty said...

Fabulous job, and with a few exception they can take it all with them when they move. The crown molding added so much to the overall look of the space! Janell

Angelicque said...

This room is gorgeous, The mirrors really make the transformation POP.

Talking with Tami said...

You did a fab job wow! Kudos! Love the colors you picked out. My hubby would like this room because its not too girly.

Niki McNeill Brown said...

Stunning! It definitely lives up till the name 'master'!

Nikki said...

Erika, I love those Dubois mirrors! This is such a chic and stunning makeover. Great job!

kenda said...

looks great. you did a wonderful job.

Unknown said...

The room looks lovely. I like the wall colors and the furniture. nice

Tonia Lee Smith said...

Great transformation Erika. I'm with Sing, I love all the natural light.

###### said...

Great job girl. I love the mirrors over the bed.

Emily A. Clark said...

Wow, what a beautiful transformation! Great job; it's stunning.

ashlina {the decorista} said...

ooooh sweetie. that is gorgeous. wow! amazing job!!!!!! love it.

Radostina // 79ideas.org said...

pretty. fabulous job Erika.
thank you and happy friday.

xoxo,
raru

Charlotta Ward said...

Amazing transformation. I love the wall treatment. It has really anchored the bed and balanced the room. Well done!

x Charlotta

Erika said...

Wow! What a transformation! Those mirrors are GORGEOUS! I want and I want now!

keely @ luxe + lillies said...

Erika... as always it looks absolutely fabulous! Your client is one lucky girl!

Hello Lover... said...

Looks great - I love those mirrors over the headboard!

bananas. said...

i love those mirrors!!! crate & barrel right? i've been wanting them for days now. you did a great job. i could definitely call that home.

charm home said...

Wow, it really looks amazing. I'm sure your clients are thrilled to death! I love the Brownstone furniture. So classic. Great job and great to see you at BBB last night! -c

Jen of MadeByGirl said...

GORGEOUS! I like the touch with the mirrors for sure! :)))))))

Christy said...

What a great transformation! The color scheme is adult and relaxing. I absolutely LOVE the mirrors behind the headboard. What a great touch!

Christy
Publisher, headboarddepot.com

Annie said...

love love love it! You're fabulous girl!

Post a Comment

I ♥ your comments!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin