Quantcast

Evolution of My Home Office - Part 3


Here we are at Part 3 of the Evolution of My Home Office!  In part 1, you saw my office in very raw form shortly after we moved and in part 2 you witnessed me going a bit crazy with a can of gold spray paint.  Since then, I've purchased a "meeting table" and chairs, reupholstered seat cushions and a lampshade, hung curtains, refurbished an old bulletin board, and painted my desk a high gloss black!  Here is the final look:


The idea to cover the lampshade came after last month's post about burlap.  It was so simple, easy, and cheap! I'm very happy with the results.  Click here for instructions on how to revamp your old lampshade.

 
 If you have the option, I recommend positioning your desk in front of your window.  Taking in a view from the outdoors is much more enjoyable than looking at a wall. If you are a nosy neighbor like I am, this is the place to be!




 
 
If you like these ideas, you may want to read my previous post: 7 Steps to Styling Your Bookcase Like A Pro.

Here are the above-mentioned reupholstered seat cushions.  Originally covered in a cream microfiber, the chair had the shape I desired, but it desperately needed a punch of color.  I purchased a yard of the Saralisa fabric from Ikea for $8.99, cocked and loaded my staple gun, and went to work on every chair in my office that had a cushion.  Click here to see how.


 



I am finally at point where I feel comfortable with the look and feel of my new office.  There are just couple of items on my list, such as purchasing a new office chair and perhaps creating a gallery wall opposite my desk. In the Spring, I will paint, switch out the curtains, and reupholster the seat cushions. Aside from these things, it's on to Ava's room.  SIDE NOTE:  I can't wait to show you the piece I scored on Craigslist! It's going to be adorable when I'm done!

So what do you think of the new office space?
Comments
21 Comments

21 comments:

###### said...

looks great. well done. cant wait to see what else you do in the home.

Kelly@TearingUpHouses said...

I really like the mirror and lamp together -- especially with the surprise of the burlap thrown in!

kelly

p.s. i totally agree about positioning desks in front of windows!

vmichelle said...

Those magazine holders covered in wallpaper are super cute. I like the little pop of pattern they add.

Erika Ward said...

Thanks VMichelle, only the fronts are covered! As long as you keep them beside something else, you'd never know!

Dayka Robinson said...

Your office looks great! I love the fact that the room is big enough for a desk AND table, that that window with the great view tops everything off. Really like the layout.

Pam said...

Beautiful! How much would you estimate that you spent on the renovation?

Anonymous said...

i love this!!! it looks cozy

Yewy said...

Excellent job with the office space Erika. Mine needs a heap of work. I love what you've done!

Sarah La Rose said...

Erika, your office looks fabulous! I love your grandmothers lamp the bookcases and the view from your desk! :)

Thanks for checking in on my blog while I was away. It was so nice to see that someone was thinking of me even when I hadn't posted anything. :)

Happy New Year!!

Maria Killam said...

Are those green drapes (like in Cameran Diaz office in The Holiday) I love them! And french doors leading into your office? So lucky! I am lucky to face a window with a view (except when it's filled with condensation in the winter :)

Radostina // 79ideas.org said...

Your office looks GREAT :))))
I wish you a lot of success :))))

xoxo,
Raru

Niya said...

Love it, love it, love it! I love the charming feel of the lamp and mirror...very retro chic!

Becky said...

i can't even remember how i stumbled onto your blog...but i getting ready to remodel this year and am collecting all my ideas (stealing your office - i'm a writer and i need pretty around me - love it)...so i hope you don't mind if i stalk you a bit for inspiration. and really, it looks lovely. becky

deliciously organized said...

It looks gorgeous!!! Thanks for the tip about the frame hooks :)

Quintel said...

great job! i really like the storage shelving system you chose...i'm a sucker for cubbies & compartments. loving the view too!

The Budget Brides Handbook said...

looks Amazing I love it.

L.Duncan@Home23DuncanBoys said...

Now I want to remove my little closet office off my blog! Great job, Ericka!

TP said...

I absolutely LOVE this! I especially like what you did with the magazine file covers and by hanging the pictures over the bookcase. Creative! Your office looks great!

Katherine said...

This is really a jewel. Great job! We've got to work on a project together, somehow ... Katherine

Redesign Diva said...

How much am I loving the picture WITH the bookcase idea?..LOTS!

Emily A. Clark said...

Hi, I came back to re-read these post to see what you used to hang the pictures on your bookcase? Where did you find the 3M hangers? I'm assuming you can get them at Wal-mart. Do you remember what they were with? I got some from Lowes the other day but they were too big. Thanks!, Emily

Post a Comment

I ♥ your comments!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin