Quantcast

Ava's Bedroom Update


It was a few months back that Project Nursery featured a custom mood board I designed for Ava's big girl room. At that time, she and her twin brother shared this room:


Since then we moved and other priorities took precedence over her room decor until now.  It's now been five months at the new house and I'm finally on track to creating a fresh, playful little space Ava can call her own.  Fortunately she hasn't voiced her design preferences which means I don't have to entertain the idea of a Dora the Explorer wall decal or comforter set.

Initially I planned to purchase all new furniture, but then decided a few secondhand finds would leave more decorating dollars for other projects such as the boys' room.  Last week I found this armoire for only $20 on Craigslist...and here's the transformation:

Armoire Paint : Ballet Slipper Pink, Krylon
Hardware Paint: Metallics Brushed Nickel, Krylon

If the decision was left to my husband, he would've simply added a fresh coat of white paint.  That too would've been gorgeous, but I really wanted a girly statement piece.  Next, I will add a cut glass top to protect all of my hardwork!

I hope that this will both inspire and encourage you to try thrifting  (if you haven't already) and let me know what deals you find.  So what do you think so far? Don't you agree that pink was the way to go?
Comments
19 Comments

19 comments:

Deanna Jackson said...

The armoire transformation turned out beautifully. Yes, pink was the way to go...so delicate and feminine!

dekorating said...

thanks for your visit!!i love your blog!!

###### said...

you did a great job...i have seen the pink before and i just wish i had something to try it on. love it.

My Agent Angela said...

I love the armoire. This so nice. It often amazes me what a little paint can do. I can't wait until you are finished.

(JIN) Love, Loss & Lacquer said...

I love the pink, I think it turned out great!

The Budget Brides Handbook said...

I think it is amazing and transferable as she gets older.

Anonymous said...

Amazed. I've always been leery of all things thrift...my mind runs wild and then I get skeeved, but I'm certainly having a change of heart. I'll at least check some things out.

Formerly known as Frau said...

Turned out gorgeous!

Erika Ward said...

Kelly, I have to admit being in thrift stores used to make me itch...I don't know what that was all about, but I'm over it now!

Becky said...

as a former tomboy...i'm slowly growing into my love of pink. and while white is timeless and fresh and classic...the pink works so well with the over-the-top-slightly-baroque feel of this piece of furniture. and it's a nice mellow pink. i like it a lot.

L.Duncan@Home23DuncanBoys said...

Girl!!! That is so cute (the pink)! And the armoire is the BOMB! Great job Ericka...

Niya said...

Cute!! Fit for a princess!!

Erika Ward said...

Thanks everyone for the kudos! It was a fun project and I loved the look on her face when I placed it in her room.

ashlina {the decorista} said...

love love love it!
adorable perfection

Esquire08 said...

I love the armoire!!!! Pink was a good choice and I think she will be able to grow with it!!! GREAT JOB!!!!

Dayka Robinson said...

It's the perfect color pink--not too deep, and not too white. Really beautiful, and I still love that hardware! I've never used Krylon paint before, but might have to try that brushed nickel.

The Broke Socialite said...

Gorgeous!

Unknown said...

Lovly!! I came across your blog and love it. That is perfect for your little girls room so pretty

Erika Ward said...

Thanks Mrs. Chic! So glad you found me...don't be a stranger!

Post a Comment

I ♥ your comments!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin