My first priority was to take inventory of items I currently own and figure out how I could work them into the design plan. First up, an outdated lamp that previously belonged to my grandmother. I'm sure in its "hay-day" it was a fashionable piece. Without some sort of makeover, she (the lamp) and I surely could not coexist.
Candidate #2 was an Eiffel Tower lamp I purchased years ago from a consignment shop. I'd just returned from my first trip to Paris and was enamored by all things Parisian! The lamp was silver, but like Granny's lamp it had a date with destiny. I spray painted it with Valspar Metallic Gold paint and gave it a new home on top of my bookcase.
Armed with gold paint in hand, I gave this letter tray from the Ikea Dokument series the solid gold treatment.
By now, with my affection for turning everything into gold, my husband began calling me "Queen Midas." To his good fortune, I ran out of paint.
I then wrapped a couple of mini paint cans with pretty paper I purchased from JoAnn's.
Feeling like buying a can of spray paint now? Why not? It's the perfect time for outdoor DIY projects. What's on your "to-paint list?"



