Quantcast

Custom Wall Art Using Paint Pens


"Good taste and design are by no means dependent upon money"
-David Hicks

Amen, David Hicks! I couldn't agree more with this week's design quote. After reviewing my design plan for our home and then reviewing my actual design budget, I've co
me to the conclusion that I will be performing more DIY projects than I originally anticipated...especially in the kids rooms.

I previously saved this image, a super cute wall decal for my daughter Ava's room, back in December of last year. At the time it was sold out at DaliDecals shop at Etsy, but I had high hopes of it returning in the spring.

Well here we are almost a year later and it's still out of stock! I don't accept defeat (especially in the area of design) and immediately began looking for a replacement until I found this.

Kellie of Every Jot and Tittle shop, also at Etsy, used two fat gold paint pens to draw this wallpaper pattern. Her inspiration for the pattern? An old Fossil catalog. You know where I'm going with this, right? Why can't I use the same process to recreate the Swirling Poppy wall design for Ava's room? This is even better because she, nor her knucklehead brothers, would be able to peel off a painted design like they could a wall decal! I just need to make sure they aren't around to watch me draw on the wall. The cost, under $10! **Cha-ching** Nothing turns me on like saving design dollars!

Read Kellie’s story at her blog and buy what you need here or at your local art supply. I can't wait to get started! Your thoughts?

Comments
5 Comments

5 comments:

Erika Ward said...

Betty/Aileen, thanks so much for reading and especially for your message. I look forward to conversing with you more often!

Mimi Scarlett said...

I think this is an awesome idea..I would even venture to say it is great for older children to express their creativity in their own spaces. I am not much of an artist but if I was this would definately be something that I would look into...For now...will you come to my house and draw on my walls based on the quality of this blog I am sure I wouldn't be disappointed!

Patricia Allen said...

A fellow designer tunred me onto your blogs, I love the idea that fahion & interiors are one in the same! Love all the great design ideas!

Kimberly said...

This is a fantastic idea Erika! I was just about to shell out big bucks for butterfly decals to stick on my daughter's wall in her room and this has made me realize that while I am not the best artist I can copy drawings fairly well just by looking at them so Michaels here I come. :) Thanks!!!

Maria Killam said...

What a great idea, thanks for posting it! Did you end up doing it with the poppies?

Post a Comment

I ♥ your comments!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin