Quantcast

TWO STORY GREAT ROOM- UPDATE


It is no coincidence that since I wrote about my two story great room back in May that I have been getting more and more inquiries about designing tall spaces like these. I recently completed a great room that I'm looking forward to sharing with you all, but I'm waiting on my client's permission to feature their space. In the meantime, here's a reminder of what my great room looked like before and after:


This room is our central gathering place where we watch movies, play games, and entertain our guests. Since installing the drapery, I've gone a bit further in decorating the space by "shopping my house" for accessories to complete the look. This pair of glass lamps used to be in my master bedroom, but after being replaced they found a new home here! The cherry blossom tree used to be in my office and the gray/greenish vase was a freebie I found while rummaging through my friend's garage!



 
 Such a tall space can be quite intimidating because of its expansive walls and soaring ceilings. Another concern people have is that the space is generally open to other areas of the house and they want to maintain a flow from one room to the other.


Lastly, I've been asked to address the fact that though the room is one that is "grand" in nature, it still should be warm and family-friendly. My little ones have no problem getting comfortable here in our home.

Do you have a room with tall ceilings? Need direction or custom window treatments? Contact me to schedule a consultation and let's get busy in creating a space you can be excited about!
Comments
13 Comments

13 comments:

Janell @ House of Fifty said...

The drapes make an unbelievable difference, these rooms can truly present big (ha!) challenges. Love that you shopped your house for accessories, I always do that first myself and recommend the same to clients. I think the natural tendency is to think new things have to be found when often great items are lurking in the corners of the home!

Jade @ Flip Flops + Pearls Design said...

It looks so good! The draperies make it...oh and "Olivia" on the tv ;)

L.Duncan@Home23DuncanBoys said...

Your space does look warm and cozy! And I must admit, the window treatments are growing on me! Evan looks so cute in this pic!

Hey, ummm can I have my vase back since you made it look so nice in your home?!?!

(JIN) Love, Loss & Lacquer said...

It looks amazing - great job

Kim@Chattafabulous said...

Love those long dramatic drapes. I used to live in a house with a 2-story great room. I did long drapes there, too. Really helped cozy up the space!!

Unknown said...

I really like the tall drapes you went with the really make the space feel more warm

Tonia Lee Smith said...

I love the drapes they do add warmth to the room.

Erica @ Decorica said...

Hope your clients let us see the pics soon!

Mimi said...

You already know I love the curtains!! Ha! at Jade finding Olivia on the television!

jvw home said...

thx Erika for this post...I have a client that needs window treatments for her exact type of windows....i'll add your photo to my ideas to share w/her!

Anonymous said...

Love the window treatments! And the last pic is just adorable -- he's a cutie.

Monique

Connie @ SogniESorrisi said...

What a great transformation! The window treatments make all the difference.

Karen said...

Beautifully done. I love the panels. I too have a great room with similar windows. The designer I worked with cautioned against using panels between the windows, she said it would break up things too much-she was wrong! I love the way that it reads now as one large window.

Post a Comment

I ♥ your comments!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin