Quantcast

FASHION FRIDAY: ZAC POSEN EXPLORES CONDO DESIGN


This week fashion designer, Zac Posen, revealed his "staged" duplex model unit at 16 West 21st Street in New York's Ladies' Mile historic district of Manhattan.  This collaboration between a fashion designer and an architect is the first since the real estate slump (previous collabos include PeterSom at 485 Fifth Avenue at Armani/Casa at 20 Pine).


Warning: This is not your typical staging assignment...


The developer, F and T Group, is hoping to attract the "creative class" of high-end buyers that Posen epitomizes.


Posen designed this kitchen (above) as he would his own. Boasting a porcelain sink and free standing island, this space would be considered his "dream kitchen."


The bedrooms are dark and moody...two words you would not generally use to describe model home decor.

all photos by Will Femia

You can see the complete slideshow of this condo on NY Curbed real estate blog. I love Zac Posen's runway style, but his taste in decor is a bit too goth for my liking. What I am loving is the marriage of fashion, interior design, architecture, and real estate! It's going to be interesting to see how the market responds to this venture.

Which fashion designer would you love to see try their hand at interior design? My pick...Tory Burch. As a bonus, here's a video of Tory discussing the the marvelous connection between fashion and interior design (watch it, it's only 2mins)...

Comments
11 Comments

11 comments:

Tonia Lee Smith said...

I can't say if I like Zac Posen's work on this project. Like you said it is dark and moody, not typical with model homes, condos etc. As far as wanting to see a fashion designer, try at interior design. Tom Ford would be my choice. And for fun, I would like to see self-proclaimed fashion designer, Tina Knowles try her hand at interior design

LifestyleBohemia said...

I agree with the previous comment about this being a bit dark, but I still think it's gorgeous. I especially love the kitchen.

CLAIRE WATKINS, ASID ALLIED said...

Wow- I hope to one day to be part of that 'creative class', will there be a test? I love some of the rooms (the kitchen, the bath, the side of the living sans window), but the rest, I could do without. BUT! I enjoyed seeing every bit of it; so mr. posen may indeed be much smarter than me. I hadn't heard abt this endeavor and I haven't yet caught CURBED. Must do! Thanks Erika!

Janell @ House of Fifty said...

These rooms would more likely be found in a show home rather than a model, interesting move by the developer. What a bold and inspiring mix of colors and patterns, I really wonder if it will pay off...what will be the buyers response? This goes against nearly all the rules you hear in selling real estate, but it may set them apart.
Janell

Heather said...

So fun!!!! I definitely would love a chance to see Tory decorate a showhouse, she's got AMAZING taste...thanks for sharing!

Welcome said...

His design is very INTENSE! The colors are deep and rich and create an exotic darkness. I loved the collaboration and even more, I loved the kitchen. It feels like classic elegance with a touch of blue! I would love to see designer Valentino try his hand at interior design...

alison (semi-fab lane) said...

this looks a little off to me. i like his fashion designs better than interior-but it's fun to look at his work anyway!

Divamom-Act II said...

Loved the kitchen. Bedroom was sumptuous.
Second the motion for Tory Burch.

ashlina {the decorista} said...

why is that blue kitchen just taking my breath away. i need it. :)

Talking with Tami said...

I love the pink rooms but the other ones not so much lol. He is a nice fashion designer. I want Betsey Johnson to do another space, she's fun and pinktastic!

Dayka Robinson said...

love the kitchen!

Post a Comment

I ♥ your comments!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin