ATLANTA BABY AND CHILD EXPO + A GIVEAWAY
Hosted by Bottles to Britches Premier Baby Planners and in partnership with TheBump.com, this extravaganza is not one you want to miss especially if you are in the nesting stages. Some of the event highlights include relaxing mommy pampering, a maternity fashion show, a baby gear runway, and a host of mom & baby goodies!
This would be my first time setting up a booth for my design services so I'm not sure what to do. I reached out to Meredith for advice and she suggested I check out the Style at Home booth from IDS 2011.
So vivid and cheerful, I believe energetic color always gets people's attention. My booth is an 8x8 section and I'm not allowed to hang anything on the wall so I'm bringing in small furniture to hold my props and pillows. So far I've purchased some fun fabrics for pillows and my workroom should have them ready by Wednesday and it's going to take willpower not to keep a few for myself. I suppose I could also loop a slideshow of my portfolio on a monitor, too... Is there anything else you think I should include?
AND FOR THE GIVEAWAY...
Want tickets for the expo? I have two. Keep them for yourself, or give them to someone as a gift! Leave a comment below letting me know the sweetest thing about being a mother! Winners will be announced tomorrow at noon EST.
7 comments:
- Kim@Chattafabulous said...
-
I have thought about doing this myself but talked myself out of it. Can't wait to see what you do and take notes! oh, and you designed the website? You are quite a talent, my dear!
-
May 9, 2011 at 7:12 PM
- Design Goddess said...
-
I can't suggest anything because I have no idea but I can send some cyber wishes your way. That's a good look and I'm sure you'll do well..
-
May 9, 2011 at 7:24 PM
- Anonymous said...
-
So here are the things I would ask:
1) Will your 8x8 have an electrical and internet drop? If there is no internet drop, is there WIFI access. You would be amazed how many people stop by and ask to see your work online or if you have a web site.
2) What is your take away - do you have a brochure? Biz card? Whatever you give out, be sure to have all your social media information on it.
3) Figure out the reason you are at the show - is it to sell or obtain names for biz leads. If it is to garner names, then you need a reason for people to leave their information behind, so I suggest a give away (pillows perhaps?) or a consultation of your design services?
4) Consider where you will be in the booth when people approach. I suggest that you do away with the table that normally comes with the booth rental and stand up. Dont have any barriers between you, your product(s) and the audience.
5) Confirm your elevator pitch - how do you describe your design style and projects in less than 30 seconds. People will ask and it's great to have an in-pocket answer.
I have a couple of other ideas too if you are interested. Shoot me an email.
Best! -
May 10, 2011 at 3:20 AM
- L Judge said...
-
sweetest thing about being a mother? Knowing that when my lil' man is sick...only mommy can make him feel better (can you tell we're teething right now?!?!)
-
May 10, 2011 at 12:35 PM
- (JIN) Love, Loss & Lacquer said...
-
...speaking of kids, I'm expecting my first baby this Fall, would you be able to provide design tips for creating a nursery? Thanks Erika! :)
-
May 12, 2011 at 10:43 AM
- Anonymous said...
-
I think you should pick an awesome soundtrack to have playing in the room. There are some great kid friendly songs...Beyonce's Move Your Body song...Shakira's Waka song for Africa...Will.I.Am and Nicki Minaj "Check it out." Those are all very new and upbeat.
Have lighting so you could show a day and a night look (to show off anything glow in the dark). Maybe soft lighting like a wonderful nightlight or bedside table lamp could help with the night look.
I know nothing about expos but I hope this helps. Can't wait to see what you come up with! -
May 12, 2011 at 2:50 PM
- Lori @ Lori May Interiors said...
-
How exciting Erika! Good luck and I can't wait to hear all about it!
-
May 13, 2011 at 10:22 PM



