Quantcast

CHRIS WARD, GUEST BLOGGER


Hello. This is Chris, Erika's husband.  I'm sure you were not expecting to see a post from me, but I got permission from her to share my thoughts on Mother's Day...

A mother is a person that doesn’t get enough credit for the work she does.  I am proud to say I am the man I am today because of the values my mother instilled in me at a young age.  She has since passed but still lives within me as I go about my everyday life.

This day is also special to me because of this beautiful lady in my life, my wife Erika.  She is a tremendously gifted and caring human being that I’m so dearly in love with.  As you already know, we have 3 beautiful children ages 3 and under so there is never a dull moment in the Ward household.  

credit:katlyne hill photography

Most of you know Erika through this incredible blog that inspires and provides great design advice. I know her as someone who takes care of our children, keeps our home beautiful and clean, cooks fabulous meals, runs a great design business, and keeps me happy in more ways than one (ooh yeah)! For anyone that has had the privilege of meeting Erika, they know that she is beautiful woman both inside and out. She's genuine, has a pure heart, and motivates people not just in design but in any area she feels she can contribute to their lives. What Erika means to me (and our household) is just plain and simple, “I CANNOT DO IT WITHOUT HER!” She is my rock and helps me to maintain focus on my duties as a husband and provider. I greatly appreciate her and thank GOD everyday for bringing this special woman into my life. She's someone I can grow young with.   Today I celebrate and thank all mothers for all they do, and I especially thank the mother of my children for all that she does for us. HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY.
Comments
17 Comments

17 comments:

Marija said...

You should post more often. Totally great. (Not that Erika's post aren't...).
Now my husband is in trouble ;)

Enjoy Sunday together!

Marija

###### said...

HELL TO THA YEAH- Hi five CHRIS. Thats what I am talking about. Well said Mr. Ward. Yes indeed she is all those things you noted above. I have known Erika for a short time, and feel like I have known her for years. What a great person she is...and helpful with a big heart. Happy mothers day girl!

The Budget Brides Handbook said...

Awww great post Chris. Love all the wonderful things you said about your wife.

PhotoStory Collections said...

What a handsome family and a beautiful post! I agree w pp you should guest blog more often. Happy Mother's Day Erika!!! Now hubby has to write a poem and read it on national tv to get outta trouble lol Enjoy your day

P.S. I love this... said...

*sniffle* That was so beautiful. You guys are blessed to have one another. Happy Mother's Day Erika.

Janell @ House of Fifty said...

What a wonderful surprise to read this post by your husband, Erika, and what a wonderful message to receive on Mother's Day! Have a special one!! Janell

Sharon Brown said...

That was so nice! Look at those cute children!

Sharon

Anonymous said...

That was beautiful! Happy Mother's Day, Erika! See you in Jul!

Eddie + Jaithan

Debbie@Vintage Scout Interiors said...

awww, what a wonderful post! Love seeing pictures of your family. Happy Mothers Day to you.

Divamom-Act II said...

Thanks for honoring your wife with a post Chris. Love the pictures of your family. Peace and blessings.

Tonia Lee Smith said...

Awww, Erika! So heartwarming. Beautiful family photos. You are for sure doing your thing!

Talking with Tami said...

He's definitely a keeper Erika, how cute!!!!

Niki McNeill Brown said...

OMG! this just made my day :)
This is the type of love I hope Armon and I can maintain and foster as we move through life together. Beautiful! Hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day Erika!! :)

Denetra said...

That was absolutely beautiful!!!!! Just bought tears to my eyes. What a blessing!

Hello Lover... said...

This is just so sweet and heartfelt. You two and your family are very lucky and blessed. Happy Mother's Day Erika (it's a little belated, I know)!

Anonymous said...

Chris,

I'm a week late in reading your wonderful post, but not too late to say "we need more men like you.You are truly a gift from the heavens.

Anonymous said...

this is too sweet. I am looking for another post and ran across this one. @caramelglam

Post a Comment

I ♥ your comments!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin