Quantcast

Speaking of Labor...


First and foremost, I'd like to wish everyone a happy and safe Labor Day weekend!

And speaking of labor, as in labor and delivery, it seems that most of my friends are expecting or have recently welcomed a new arrival. This year, might I add, is the year of the boy! One of my new hobbies is making inspiration boards for baby showers. Since Disney decor is really not my thing, I've been brainstorming on alternative themes for showers. One of my favorites is the one below, "Prepping for A Boy." I've actually given this to one of my girlfriends who is planning an upcoming shower. I can't wait to see what she comes up with based on my inspiration board. I'm so eager to help, maybe she'll read this blog post and put me out of my misery and assign me a task!

This inspiration board, "Ahoy, It's A Boy" was for my friend Niya whose shower was given this past May. Included in the design , but not shown below, was a wooden hand-painted model ship which we used a centerpiece on the dessert table. She loved it much that we included it as gift for her little captain and is now an adorable room accent.


Creating an inspiration board is useful when planning any event, not just baby showers. It helps everyone to keep focused when shopping and provides an excellent visual for those who need a little help envisioning the concept. Have you ever used a inspiration board for your special event?
Comments
2 Comments

2 comments:

Mimi Scarlett said...

Awww...seems that your friend may have thought you were too busy, but I am sure once she reads this she will be sure to assign you many tasks..being that you are so truly talented...Make sure you post pics to show how the design board was brought to life!

Pam said...

Love the baby shower design board! How about one for a baby girl shower? This would also be a good idea for a wedding!

Post a Comment

I ♥ your comments!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin