BOOKCASE DONE.
I desperately needed a closed storage solution that would also bring a unified look to my bookcase. I headed back to Ikea for inexpensive items from the KASSETT, FLYT, and BARNAS series.
And here's the final look...
The decorative items are there for placement until I find something that really tickles my fancy. As you've probably noticed, I gave that dusty stereo set back to my husband and instead enjoy music from my laptop. I also removed a few of the jackets from my books for a cleaner look. Other paperbacks are stored in the magazine files and boxes.
The baskets below are a great addition to the bookcase and provides textural interest. The old storage boxes found a new home in my kids' closets. Again, I used my wallpaper treatment to glam up inexpensive cardboard magazine files. I love the reflective quality of the print and how the leaves shine in the sunlight.
So now all I have to do is label my files and maintain my new organization system!
My goal was to create a lighter look that's clean, well-sorted, and pretty. Mission accomplished, don't you think? Be sure to meet me back here tomorrow. I can't wait to show you my most recent office DIY project!
21 comments:
- Sally@DivineDistractions said...
-
Oh, I feel so motivated viewing your post! It feels so good to get a spot completely clean and organized, and I'll bet you are so inpsired to do your best work. Love the design and the NEATNESS! Good luck keeping it that way!
-
April 20, 2010 at 8:17 AM
- Divamom-Act II said...
-
Damn you're good. Love the starfish. Let us know if the bookcase stays that way. Now excuse me while I move the cleaning supplies from my own bookcase.
-
April 20, 2010 at 8:46 AM
- TSL said...
-
I am with Sally and Divamom, this is huge.
-
April 20, 2010 at 8:55 AM
- Tammy@InStitches said...
-
It looks so pretty and neat, great job.
-
April 20, 2010 at 9:05 AM
- Tonia Lee Smith said...
-
I love it, perfect, but I like a bit of chaos :-) in my office. Fab makeover.
-
April 20, 2010 at 9:09 AM
- Heather said...
-
This looks great! love the black and white...and covering the magazine holders with wallpaper??? such a great idea!
-
April 20, 2010 at 9:20 AM
- Sarah La Rose said...
-
Erika the bookcase looks so clean, organized and well styled. You did such a great job. I bet you love sitting in your office now.
-
April 20, 2010 at 9:41 AM
- The Broke Socialite said...
-
*pouting* I want one! (smile) As always you did a fabulous job!
-
April 20, 2010 at 10:03 AM
- The Budget Brides Handbook said...
-
Ok so you totally rocked this project. I have the 2 column expedit and you have so made me want the one you have. I also love the wallpaper covered magazine files.
-
April 20, 2010 at 10:30 AM
- Emily said...
-
I'm officially inspired!
-
April 20, 2010 at 10:42 AM
- Niki McNeill Brown said...
-
Ooo the Type A spots in my brain are buzzing with excitement! This bookcase is organization heaven... love it!
-
April 20, 2010 at 11:02 AM
- Unknown said...
-
Very nice!! I love all the stotage and how it dosn't overwhelm and like the white storage bins mixed with a couple smaller black ones.
Great thinking covering the magazine holders with wallpaper! looks very pretty -
April 20, 2010 at 11:25 AM
- Unknown said...
-
Oh, I LOVE Ikea for their office supplies! They are such a great, inexpensive resource! Your home is stunning! I love seeing "real" homes, and I'm a new follower, for sure!
-
April 20, 2010 at 12:12 PM
- Alluring Interiors said...
-
Love the transformation...So nicely put together.
-
April 20, 2010 at 12:28 PM
- LindsB said...
-
What a difference a few accessories makes, the bookcase looks great now- I love this before and after!
-
April 20, 2010 at 3:36 PM
- LifestyleBohemia said...
-
Wow, so organized - very impressive!
-
April 20, 2010 at 5:22 PM
- Rashon Carraway said...
-
How did I miss this? Great looking area.
Mr. Goodwill Hunting
http://g-w-hunting.blogspot.com -
April 20, 2010 at 7:44 PM
- keely @ luxe + lillies said...
-
It looks divine Erika! I may need to hire you to come over here an do some organizing, I wish I had the time to create something so great!
-
April 20, 2010 at 7:48 PM
- L.Duncan@Home23DuncanBoys said...
-
Woot Woot!!! Love is in the air! Erika, you did a great job on this bookcase! Now, can you come organize my closet office;)
-
April 20, 2010 at 9:14 PM
- Mimi Scarlett said...
-
Total inspiration for my new house when I actually have space for this bookshelf. Great job, looks so clean and fresh!
-
April 21, 2010 at 1:14 AM
- Folding-Bookcase said...
-
very impressive!
thank you nice post. -
April 28, 2010 at 2:52 AM
















